Happy New Year! I pray that you had a wonderful holiday and an even more blessed new year. To start the new year off right we will establish goals for ourselves for 2014. This is a great way to really examine where you are in life and where you want to be. Create a vision board for this year to visualize all that you wish to accomplish this year alone and in the future. The picture above is a sample vision board I found on Google.
All hope is not gone as long as you have breath in your body. Don’t give up on yourself even if everyone around has. You have to live not only for yourself but also for your child. If you give up then you are teaching them to do the same life. This life was never promised to be a bed of roses. Every now and then you will get stuck with thorns but the thorns shall not kill you. They make you wiser. I believe in you and know that you can make it. I made it and I’m no different or better than you. I just made up in my mind that I wasn’t going to be another statistic and you can do the same!
Here are some questions to consider when setting goals for this year and creating your vision board:
1) What do you want to accomplish this year? There are no dumb or stupid goals here ladies. You will be selling yourself short if you are not honest with yourself.
2) According to your list in number 1, which ones are short term? Things that can be accomplished within a 1 year time period.
3) According to your list in number 1, which ones are long term? Things that can be accomplished over a period of time. (3 yrs, 5, yrs, 10 yrs, etc)
4) What habits do you want to break? Don’t overwhelm yourself by trying to list all of your bad qualities. That’s depressing. Attack them one at a time. Replace a bad habit with a good one until you conquer it and then move on to the next one. Document it in writing so you have something to look back at. You will be surprised how writing things down can help you.
Consider writing at least one goal in the following key areas of your life:
1) Personal Development (spiritual growth, educational, learning a cooking skill, etc.)
3) Community (outreach, volunteerism, etc)
4) Physical Health
7) Recreation (hobbies, vacation, learning a sport, etc.)
Goals don’t have to be big to make the list. They don’t have to be what society tell us we must achieve. Your goals may only matter to you and that’s okay. Don’t allow others to impose goals on you that you really don’t want to do. This is your life and you must live to enjoy it. Big success is always a result of small successes and a big failure is the result of repeated small failures. Don’t go into this new year with no purpose or plan for your life. Don’t go into this new year with the same idle mind from 2013. A new year is a new opportunity but even better than that a new day is a new chance to do something with your life. Don’t waste it. God wants to do great things in your life but He is waiting on you to start moving. Ask somebody to help you stay accountable. You can do this! You must do this! The power is in your hands. Now what are you going to do with it? Only you know the answer.
Father, help me to set goals for my life this year as I am being led by you. Help me to hear you clearly on every area of my life. I’m not concerned about the opinions of others but I need to know what you are saying this year for me. I shall commit all plans to you so that I can succeed. In Jesus name, amen!