6 medium strawberries
8 ounces chocolate candy melts
12 pieces candies, pearl candy, white
12 pieces candies, heart-shaped, orange
42 pieces candy corn, divided
- Place the chocolate candy melts in a small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on high in increments of 30 seconds, stirring in between, until the chocolate is completely melted. Allow the chocolate to cool for a few minutes before using as it is easier to work with chocolate that is slightly thickened.
- Cut off the tops of the strawberries and reserve the tops (these will be used for the wattles). Place a strawberry in the bowl of melted chocolate and stir it around with a spoon until it is completely coated. Lift the strawberry up out of the chocolate and allow some of the excess to fall off. Place the strawberry onto wax paper. Repeat with the remaining strawberries.
- Assemble the “eyes”. Place two pearl candies side-by-side on the top part of the “face” of the turkey and hold them there for a few seconds, until they stay on their own. Dip the tip of a toothpick in the melted chocolate and dot the center of the pearl candies with the chocolate to complete the eyes. Repeat with the remaining strawberries.
- Make the “feet”. Place two orange candy hearts at the bottom where feet would go and hold them there for a few seconds, until they stay on their own. Repeat with the remaining strawberries.
- Make the “beak”. Take 6 pieces of the candy corn and cut the yellow and white parts off, so you have just the orange portion remaining. Cut each orange piece into a triangular shape. Dip the tip of a toothpick in the melted chocolate and apply some of the melted chocolate to the backside of a “beak”. Place the beak onto the strawberry under the eyes and hold it there for a few seconds, until it stays on its own. Repeat with the remaining “beaks”.