November 22, 2013
6 medium strawberries
8 ounces chocolate candy melts
12 pieces candies, pearl candy, white
12 pieces candies, heart-shaped, orange
42 pieces candy corn, divided
- Place the chocolate candy melts in a small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on high in increments of 30 seconds, stirring in between, until the chocolate is completely melted. Allow the chocolate to cool for a few minutes before using as it is easier to work with chocolate that is slightly thickened.
- Cut off the tops of the strawberries and reserve the tops (these will be used for the wattles). Place a strawberry in the bowl of melted chocolate and stir it around with a spoon until it is completely coated. Lift the strawberry up out of the chocolate and allow some of the excess to fall off. Place the strawberry onto wax paper. Repeat with the remaining strawberries.
- Assemble the “eyes”. Place two pearl candies side-by-side on the top part of the “face” of the turkey and hold them there for a few seconds, until they stay on their own. Dip the tip of a toothpick in the melted chocolate and dot the center of the pearl candies with the chocolate to complete the eyes. Repeat with the remaining strawberries.
- Make the “feet”. Place two orange candy hearts at the bottom where feet would go and hold them there for a few seconds, until they stay on their own. Repeat with the remaining strawberries.
- Make the “beak”. Take 6 pieces of the candy corn and cut the yellow and white parts off, so you have just the orange portion remaining. Cut each orange piece into a triangular shape. Dip the tip of a toothpick in the melted chocolate and apply some of the melted chocolate to the backside of a “beak”. Place the beak onto the strawberry under the eyes and hold it there for a few seconds, until it stays on its own. Repeat with the remaining “beaks”.
November 15, 2013
Prep Time: 10 mins/ Servings: 10
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 cup whipped cream cheese, or non-whipped at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 2 sleeves graham crackers, crushed (about 2 1/2 cups)
- 10 8-ounce mason jars
- In a large bowl, mix together the pumpkin, cream cheese, pumpkin pie spice and brown sugar with an electric mixer until thoroughly combined, about 2 minutes.
- In a separate bowl, or in the bowl of a stand mixer, beat the heavy cream and powdered sugar until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes.
- Layer the parfait ingredients into mason jars in this order: graham crackers, pumpkin cream cheese mixture, whipped cream. Continue to layer to fill the jar, at least 2 layers of each ingredient.
- Serve chilled.
November 11, 2013
Dear Heavenly Father, thank you for the gift of my children. I am humbled that You thought me worthy of watching over someone who is so precious to You. Equip me with all the wisdom, strength, and insight that I need to complete my assignment in a way that will be pleasing to You. Show me the way that I would take even as I instruct those ones whom You have entrusted to my care.
As I commit them into Your care, I trust You to keep them safe in all of their ways. Grant me an increased sense of discernment to recognize the work of the enemy in my children’s lives. Give me the strength to battle against the forces that will seek to pull their heart away from You, to break their spirit and bend their will.
When I grow weary, strengthen my weary arms and renew my faith in Your ability to keep us all. By the authority that You have given me over the lives of my children, through Christ, labor the plans of the enemy and his agenda for destroying the purposes of God in my children. Guide my prayer life to strategically call forth the destiny of these little ones. Help me to secure the inheritance that You have reserved for them.
But most of all, Lord, in those times when the going gets tough, remind me first that children are only part of my reward for answering Your call. Reaffirm my worth when the world is telling me that I have no value, and let me find my validation and all that is truly worthwhile in You. In Jesus’ name. Amen.
November 8, 2013
- 1 can (13 oz) Pillsbury® refrigerated flaky cinnamon rolls with icing
- 8 semisweet chocolate chips
- 4 red baking chips or candy-coated chocolate candies
- 8 almond slices
- Heat oven to 350°F. Spray cookie sheet with cooking spray.
- Place 4 rolls on cookie sheet, about 3 inches apart. Unwind remaining 4 rolls in to long dough strips. For each bunny, place one dough strip, cut ends together, next to a whole roll. Press and firmy pinch cuts ends into top of whole roll. Shape strip into floppy bunny ears.
- On each bunny, place two chocolate chips for eyes, 1 red baking chip for nose and 2 almond slices for teeth; press firmly into dough.
- Bake 12 to 15 minutes or until golden brown. Cool 5 minutes before removing to cooling rack. Spread frosting on warm rolls. Serve warm.